- Police: 113
- Police – reporting offenders, anonymous phone line: 080 12 00
- PSAP, Medical Care, Fire department, Veterinarz assistance, Rescue units: 112
- AMZS roadside assistance: 1987
- Emergency calls at sea: 080 18 00
Code of the Republic of Slovenia for international calls to Slovenia: 00 386
In most of the town centre, you can use the free public wireless network called Koper Wi-Free. Type »Koper Wi-Free« into your browser, or visit the website Wi Free Comunity and then follow the instructions to obtain 24 hours of free internet access.
Otherwise, the majority of restaurants, accommodation and shopping centres also provide free Internet for their guests.
*Due to the current situation with coronavirus it is necessary to first call the health providers.
Dellavallejeva ulica 3, and other units of ZD Koper:
- Bonifika Branch, Ljubljanska cesta 6a, Koper
- Olmo Medical Post, Cesta na Markovec 1, Koper
- Pobegi Čežarji General Practice, Cesta I. Istrske brigade 59, Pobegi
- Šmarje General Practice, Šmarje 89, Šmarje
Info phone: +386 (0)5 664 71 00
Emergency medical clinic
Phone: +386 (0)5 6647 440
- Zdravstveni dom Koper – Bonifika (Koper Health Centre – Bonifika), Ljubljanska cesta 6a, Koper (working days, 7 a.m.– 8 p.m.)
- Splošna bolnišnica Izola, Urgentni center (Izola General Hospital – Emergency Centre), Polje 40, Izola (during the night, on week-ends and during holidays).
Emergency dental clinic
On Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, 8 a.m. – 12 noon
Zdravstveni dom Koper (Koper Health Centre), Dellavallejeva ulica 3, Koper; Phone: +386 (0)5 664 73 99
- Lekarna Koper, Kidričeva ulica 2, Koper; Phone +386 (0)5 611 00 00. (Outside its regular working hours, this pharmacy also provides emergency pharmaceutical services.)
- Lekarna na Ogrlici, Kolodvorska cesta 2, Koper; Phone: +386 (0)5 630 97 00
- Lekarna Semedela*, Pahorjeva ulica 63, Koper; Phone: +386 (0)5 630 18 70
- Lekarna Šalara, Obrtniška 30, Koper; Phone: +386 (0)5 625 00 33
- Lekarna Melisa Škofije*, Spodnje Škofije 147a, Škofije; Phone: +386 (0)5 654 01 10
*an automatic drug dispenser with certain medicinal products is available next to the pharmacy.
Medical device stores:
In Koper, you can find three public toilets:
- Koper Marketplace (Pristaniška ulica 2) – every day from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.,
- The parking area next to the Bonifika stadium – every day from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.,
- Toilet next to the former coastal road – every day from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.,
All toilets can be used free of charge and can be accessed by persons with reduced mobility. There are also baby changing facilities.
If you are using a smartphone, you can download a free application that will help you find public toilets.
Holidays in the Republic of Slovenia
- 1 and 2 January – New Year’s Day
- 8 February – Prešeren Day, the Slovenian Cultural Holiday
- 27 April – Day of Uprising Against the Occupation
- 1 and 2 May – Labour Day
- 8 June – Primož Trubar Day
- 25 June – Statehood Day
- 17 August – Unification of Prekmurje Slovenes with the Mother Nation
- 15 September – Return of Primorska to the Motherland
- 25 October – Sovereignty Day
- 1 November – Day of Remembrance for the Dead
- 23 November – Rudolf Maister Day
- 26 December – Independence and Unity Day
All holidays (except: Primož Trubar Day, Unification of Prekmurje Slovenes with the Mother Nation, Return of Primorska to the Motherland, Sovereignty Day, and Rudolf Maister Day) are work-free days.
Work-free days in the Republic of Slovenia
- Easter Sunday, Easter Monday
- Whit Sunday
- 15 August – Assumption of Mary
- 31 October – Reformation Day
- 25 December – Christmas Day
Most parking lots are managed by the Koper utility company Marjetica Koper d.o.o. On their website, you can view parking locations and parking rates.
Additionally, there are also parking spaces in the underground garage house Koper, a parking lot next to Villa Domus and a gravel parking lot Ferrarska (managed by the company Grafist d.o.o.).