The portal depicts the year 1664; the oldest documented records of the building, however, date back to 1878.

The palace was never finished since its right wing was never built.

The building houses the headquarters of the Self-governing Italian Community in Koper, the “Santorio Santorio” Italian community, the “ASCI” sports association and the Historical Research Society. Since the courtyard is a part of a catering establishment, the public can also revel in its beauty today.