The “St Francis of Assisi” Ceremonial and Entertainment Hall, located on Martinc Square in Koper, has a rich and interesting history. Built in 1268, it has undergone major changes. In the middle of the 18th century, it was renovated in the Baroque style and has not been used for church purposes since 1809. In 1968 and in 1969, it was transformed into a gym; until 1990, it was used by the Koper High School, and then, the building closed down.