Next to the road leading from the Škocjan graveyard to Bertoki stands a stone pillar.

The pillar bears the inscription 1776 under the relief of the Venetian lion holding the crest of the Delphino family in its paws (in that year, it was the prefect Antonio Delphino who has made the road available anew).

The Venetian road, leading from the medieval border with the territory of Trieste to Bertoki, was approximately 10,000 passus long.