The construction of this building began at the end of the 14th century.
With a change of the façade, it obtained its final image around 1460.
The building was first mentioned in 1392. Along with the Church of St Jacob,
Fontico is the oldest building on Brolo Square. Its façade is also ornated with crests of podestates and magnates of the town.