The Armoury served as a weapons’ storage facility during the time of the Republic of Venice (until 1550), then it turned into a savings bank or a pawn shop for the poorer population and in 1871, it became the seat of the city’s mayor office.
The Foresteria Palace, formerly known as Albergo nuovo, served as a place for receiving and accommodating guests of the podestà of Koper.
The Foresteria Palace has a stone entrance portal in the Renaissance style, called “Porta del Corte”. Above the crossbeam, the coat-of-arms of the mayor Peter Loredan and the year 1506 are visible. Additionally, the acknowledgement of the mayor for erecting the portal is visible.
Today, the buildings house the Rector’s office of the University of Primorska and the library of the Faculty of Humanities.