The palace that was built around the old town center after 1600 is interesting not only because of the extremely high quality of its architecture, but also due to its history. According to folk tales, the Belgramoni family gambled their palace away in a single night and this is how the Counts Tacco from Koper became the new owners.
Since the end of the 19th century it has been used for cultural purposes (library and museum). The interior is enriched by the shapes of the Mannerist staircase, which leads tp a great hall on the first floor, while a lapidarium can be found in the garden behind the building. The building houses a museum collection that contains the historical, ethnological, archaeological and artistic heritage of Koper.