You can find the cycling routes map at https://map.portoroz.si/en#tours?type=kolesarske-poti, at the Tourist Information Centre at Titov trg 3, or you can download the app to your smartphone.
Also, one of the most popular cycling and hiking trails runs through Koper: Parenzana – the Path of Health and Friendship.
The cycling enthusiasts will also enjoy going to major cycling competitions taking place in Koper, such as the Istrian Cycling Marathon, Mountain Cycling Marathon, Slovenian Istria Grand Prix, and Ironman (I feel Slovenia Ironman 70.3 Slovenian Istria).
It is also possible to rent a bike in Koper at the Tourist Information Centre in the Praetorian Palace at Titov trg, among other places.
Routes for cyclists:
- The circular road: K1 – With a bike along the land of Refošk wine
- The circular road: K2 – Around Tinjan
- The circular road: K3 – Along the Istrian villages of the Karst border
- The circular road: K4 – From the Karst border to the doorstep of Čičarija
- The circular road: K5 – The path to Tinjan – from sea to stone